Standards of Construction
We incorporate our heirloom furniture heritage into the high tech manufacturing of commercial furniture. Each piece is custom manufactured to design specifications and built to last.
CG America builds to the following quality standards:
- Solid Wood - All wood is dried to 6%-8% moisture content
- Construction - Mortise and tenon or doweled joint assemblies reinforced with solid wood blocks
- Top - Solid wood, wood veneer or high-pressure laminate on industrial substrate (including a backing board to avoid warping and solid wood edging)
- Base - Plastic edging is installed where needed to protect from moisture
- Drawer - All drawers are solid wood with dovetail joints. Dovetails are sanded flush and box is varnished to match piece
- Drawer Slides - Epoxy coated Euro-style drawer slide, side mounted, with 100 lbs capacity. Full extension ball bearing slide with 100 lbs capacity available
- Levelers - Adjustable levelers are zinc plated with white plastic base and are installed under most pieces
- Finishing - All staining is wiped and hand rubbed. Clear coats are high solids catalyzed conversion varnish. We keep master samples from every job to match at a later date
"Heirloom furniture heritage incorporated into high tech manufacturing"